Hey, I think this is a roman republic coin. I got this many years ago at a local antique coin shop but the seller didn't know much info about it. Does it look authentic? Does anyone have any idea who this is?
Seller told me when I bought it that there were 2 soldiers in the back carrying 2 women.Also something about a "king"- like an image of a king, in the 1st century B.C. I dont know if this helps.
Have you looked through the coinage of the moneyer L. Titurius L.f. Sabinus? Profile resembles the busts of King Tatius on the obverse of those issues.
Edit: yep, pretty sure that's it. Your reverse pic needs to be rotated about 45 degrees counter-clockwise...the imagery depicts a soldier carrying off a Sabine woman in his arms. I'll post side-by-sides soon.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use