I am looking at getting a nice high grade Lincoln wheat and memorial for my type set. I was looking through listings on ebay and came across a listing for a Wheat cent 1954-S/S RPM-#1 was on the ANACS slab below the grade. I looked in the price guides but do not see a listing for this. I don't collect many Lincolns and have no idea what these attributions mean. I am sure some of you Lincoln lovers can help me out.
it means its a Re-Punched-Mintmark #1 which means its MM was punched in the die twice and shows doubling on the MM (there are probably different variations of the MM and this is the first type discovered since its numbered 1, the next one would be #2 and so on if I am not mistaken). I don't know anything about Lincolns to tell you a value but if they are like allot of other RPM it wouldn't bring the value up very much. this is a link to a LDS (Late Die State) on coppercoins website http://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...ie_state=lds which shows the markers. According to that site it says the markers for EDS (early Die State) and MDS (mid Die State) coins are not yet known so the one you looked at is probably a LDS as the one pictured on the site
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use