Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1988 Lincoln No FG

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 2,438Next Topic  
New Member
Benny's Avatar
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2012  11:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Benny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Ran across this one in a roll. I see no FG... I suppose since it was already pretty weak and fleecy it eventually it got polished off or the coin was whizzed... nonetheless interesting find.

1988-Lincoln-No-FG

1988-Lincoln-No-FG
Rest in Peace
pyrbob's Avatar
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2012  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was polished off the die. Not whizzed off the coin.
New Member
Benny's Avatar
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2012  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Benny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, sorry that is what I meant... ever seen this before?
Pillar of the Community
papatony's Avatar
United States
808 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2012  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papatony to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have, the one I got there is some of the FG just enough to tell where it should be..lol...ugh
Rest in Peace
pyrbob's Avatar
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2012  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over the years of roll hunting I have seen several of these. After I wass told it was die abrasion with no extra value I have always thrown them back. I should have at least kept one.
New Member
Benny's Avatar
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2012  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Benny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I'll hang on to this one. Whether it carries a premium or not... it is a nice variety and therefore should have its place in my collection. Thanks for the input!
Pillar of the Community
CaptainFwiffo's Avatar
United States
4132 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2012  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People pay money for no-initials on nickels and JFK halves, so maybe...
New Member
Benny's Avatar
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2012  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Benny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, perhaps in time it will become something sought after. For now I'll just put it away I guess.
Rest in Peace
numismo's Avatar
United States
3039 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2012  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're always interesting. I've found only this one.
1988-Lincoln-No-FG
On the other end of the 1988 spectrum, I found this RDV006.
1988-Lincoln-No-FG
Edited by numismo
05/27/2012 11:30 pm
Valued Member
lucleus's Avatar
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2012  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lucleus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A guy on here said that he liked to collect dies with scratches. I thought why, they carried no value. So I asked him. He said because him and his grandson really liked the way they looked. Priceless. There is always value.
I found one of them a little over a year ago. I liked the way it looked so much I kept it. Haven't seen one since. Definitely a keeper.
Valued Member
EnigmaticMindx's Avatar
United States
207 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2012  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EnigmaticMindx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep what you like regardless of premium. What's it cost for you to keep it?
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 2,438Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Forums