I was going to post this in its proper forum but seeing as this is world coins I thought someone here might know more.
I have a few coins,that I have yet to check and one which I wouldnt mind getting graded(slabbed?)and authenticated if possible. There not Uk coins but it would be nice to get it graded in the uk as I live here and its just easier really!
CGS-UK is the only British grading company. It's relatively new and, much to the annoyance of the Americans, doesn't use the 70-point Sheldon scale but a "metric" 100-point scale.
They only grade British post-1660 coinage. For reputable slabbing of foreign coins, you'll have to ship 'em off to the US. Slabbing is an American invention and just hasn't become popular with collectors outside of North America.
If all you want is authenticity, any of the major coin dealers would probably offer an opinion; some might even give you a little certificate. For a fee, of course. And it would only be for your personal peace of mind, not much use for resale purposes - what's to stop someone from selling a genuine certificate with a fake coin they obtained elsewhere?
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use