Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

A Newbie Starts His Coin Collection Part 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,337Next Topic  
New Member

United Kingdom
14 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2013  10:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MarvelousMarv to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hey guys. Thought I'd post an update on some recent additions to my collection in the last few months.

I feel I did some really good deals here for the money I paid. But maybe some not so great...I don't know?!

Still no real focus, I'm just trying to get as many different emperors as I can that fit into a tight budget!

Hope you like!!

Part 1 of my collection: https://goccf.com/t/144787


Valens
A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

Constantine
A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

Maxentius Ostia Mint
A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

Maximianus
A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

Carinus Tet
A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

Phillip I (kinda rough shape - I know, but its my first sestertius!)
A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

Diocletian
A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

Aurelian
A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2

A-Newbie-Starts-His-Coin-Collection-Part-2
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2013  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pictures and very nice coins.
New Member
United Kingdom
14 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2013  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarvelousMarv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's play a game...

Predict how much I paid for each coin...Winner gets to choose a coin of their choice*







*Or not, but it will be fun anyway! :)
Bedrock of the Community
IndianGoldEagle's Avatar
United States
37201 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2013  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coins, each one has some nice centering and great detail!
Pillar of the Community
Masis's Avatar
United Kingdom
946 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2013  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Masis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice examples!

Okay, I'll have a go at guessing, but the following is more based on what I have realised in sales of my coins and from seeing the prices realised on ebay:

Valens=£1
Constantine=£4
Maxentius=£20
Maximian=£4
Carinus=£10
Philip=£14
Diocletian=£12
Aurelian=£2
Edited by Masis
04/27/2013 09:44 am
New Member
United Kingdom
14 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2013  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarvelousMarv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi masis

I wish your prices were close, I'd have a much bigger collection. Unfortunately they were nearly all more except the sestertius you were very close
Edited by MarvelousMarv
04/27/2013 10:12 am
Pillar of the Community
Masis's Avatar
United Kingdom
946 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2013  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Masis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Marv, did you buy them at Coin Fairs?
Then the prices will be A LOT MORE than the prices realised in ebay.
For example, the first coin of Valens, a nice example, but from the very common Siscia mint.
If I was selling it I would be lucky to realise £1 for it. At a Coin Fair it would likely be different.
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2013  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Masis, can you really only get £1 for that?! Its in immaculate grade. Id call it £10.

EDIT: P.S. I particularly like the tet!
Edited by Ben
04/27/2013 12:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
Gil-galad's Avatar
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2013  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gil-galad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say $5-$10 for the Valens. Dealers may try to sell it for $15-$20.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,337Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Forums