| Author |
Replies: 8 / Views: 1,009 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1137 Posts |
|
|
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts |
 I don't know. I see what I think is extra thickness but then I also see what I think is evidence of a worn die so maybe it IS a worn die but it was made from an overused hub.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1137 Posts |
How many worn dies have we all seen, that show bold lettering and notching? If that is in fact a notch in the R and possibly the T, this would be a DD, do you believe those are notches?
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Can you get images in between. The close ones are too close and the full images are too far away.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1137 Posts |
Thanks for the help COOP, here are some closer shots.  
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Looks interesting, but it may be a minor doubled die. What I don't see is the devices enlarged. I've found a lot of proof doubled die that show minor notching, but most of the time, I put them back into the roll as they are too minor to list. I would keep this one for now till we know more about it. Thanks for the extra images. The 1989 RDV-006's have wider devices than the 005's. So if I get a chance, I might make a side by side to see if the devices are the same over all size.
ADDED I did the side by side and they are almost the same size devices on both. Factoring the example I had was a MDS and your an earlier die state which gives the edges of the devices a sharper look, and the devices on states were affected by slight grease on the "S" and some contact on the other devices. But all look pretty normal. On I would still save though.
Edited by coop 02/04/2014 12:34 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1137 Posts |
That's cool, I knew this one, even if it were doubled, would not be worth much of anything, heck I do not even like it that much to be honest, I was just trying to understand the class better.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Here is the description from the Version 8 DVD. (Re-edited) 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1137 Posts |
Interesting and thank you but I like your images better coop, I am a visual learner.
|
| |
Replies: 8 / Views: 1,009 |
|