Can anyone help shed some light on this nickel? I would really appreciate any help possible. Doubled die? In some spots look triple? I'm really confused. Could really use some help
Thank you Buddy and Tweak800. When I get through with work I will try to get better pictures. I thought a few pictures such as the date and The fourth picture with the T in trust looked raised? Also a few others the LE In Liberty, the d mint mark and the CA in America had me puzzled. The "o" And the tenth picture where it looks triple on the sides of the building. Or maybe Those are all just the design of the nickel? I was trying to compare them to Others and wondered if it was maybe a cameo? MD I still haven't gotten the hang yet so I appreciate your input. I will post some more in a few hours maybe it will Show more clearer if it's just MD for sure. Thank you...
Still not seeing hub doubling on the die that struck your coin. Die wear is always on the devices near the rim. That might be what you are seeing there.
Thank you Coop. So is it MD? I'm a little confused mostly about the mint Mark, date And the doubling with lettering with the Liberty? Or is deterioration?
With the reflection I can't tell if it machine damage. But from the fields I see die flow lines and on LIBERTY there looks to be die wear/deterioration on the tops of the devices near the rim. But either way, it is not a premium for the coin.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use