Was hoping someone could help with identifying this mint mark. The coin is not this color I did an enhancement to see if it would come out a little bit clearer. I'm still having a hard time with the mint mark, I looked through a magnifying glass 10X and what I could tell is that it was a D with an S over it. Also can someone give me a suggestion on how to photograph closeups? Can you help? Thank you.
Note how large the D mint mark is in the one picture of the thread.
And now this is considered quite an old model iPhone.
Edited to add that this setup is more powerful than the inexpensive clip on macro lenses for phones that I have tried, although those also work fairly well.
Thank you for your opinions. Tried to get another closeup but sorry this is the best I could do. Will have to wait to get a different camera, and hopefully find out what this mint mark is. This is the original color of the coin.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use