I use a D7100 on a sturdy tripod and then use Lightroom to post process photos. I try to get the coin to look how it appears in hand. Any tips or feedback would be appreciated.
What lens or bellows setup are you using? Great photos. Do you use any reflectors on opposite side of window to balance the light? The light on coins seems perfectly balanced.
Contrast is a little too high on obverse, and a little too low on reverse. Reverse is rotated (!!). Saturation on reverse is less than obverse, though I would expect the coin has similar sat levels. Uneven background is distracting...better to crop it. Looks like in-camera sharpness was turned off, so images lack sharpness.
I've made some edits to both images to make them more similar and to "correct" these issues. I don't think the edits change the look of the images, just make them more "standardized":
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at: http://macrocoins.com
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use