| Author |
Replies: 7 / Views: 1,027 |
|
|
New Member
United States
40 Posts |
ive been going threw the pennys at my moms store for a year or so now and ive found lots of weats oldest being 1912 but today I found a Indian Head penny 1899 I just thought it was neat, tought ide share it :)
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7123 Posts |
Hi jonL
Im a change junkie also , that is a really great find these days from pocket change !!!
Keep searching !!!
Rick
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2724 Posts |
It is nice to know that some still look. There are all sorts of little treasures out there to be found.
Thanks for sharing
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
2884 Posts |
The last time I found an Indian penny in change was about 35 years ago! It was rare even back then. Congratulations. Mike 
Edited by Mike 12/27/2005 5:41 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
867 Posts |
Neat find! I've probably found 6-8 Indian Head cents in my 6+ years at the bank, and I've had lots of cents to go through.  Rachel [:p]
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
3730 Posts |
That's great! I'd sure like to find one. Each time I hear of an Indian Head penny being found in circulation, I have to wonder how it got there? Had it been in circulation for years? Or, did someone dip into a coin collection?
|
|
New Member
 United States
40 Posts |
i wounder that also gary, I got like half the State Quarters sealed cuz some drug addict wanted 20 bux and there was 20 bux in quarters LOL evn tho there new its still nice having them sealed, and only paying face value helps lol :)
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7123 Posts |
quote: Originally posted by Gary Burke
That's great!
I'd sure like to find one.
Each time I hear of an Indian Head penny being found in circulation, I have to wonder how it got there? Had it been in circulation for years? Or, did someone dip into a coin collection?
I put a couple of dozen Indians back into circulation last year,, every now and then I will put one in a roll of cents I'm taking back to the bank,, these I know at least make it into circulation for a short time, I also leave a few as tips at the truck stop, Ive also put a few Barber dimes and a few mercs into rolls and into the hands of waitresses and bank tellers,,its a small price for the service and consideration these Girls give me !! Just for kicks and giggles !! Rick
|
| |
Replies: 7 / Views: 1,027 |
|