I have a 1945-D Mercury dime with a very noticeable doubled mint mark. I believe it is likely a fake, it is slightly overweight (2.6 grams), doesn't pass the drop/ping test, reverse looks warped, etc. Just thought I'd share and see what others think.
Sorry I'm a few days late to this topic but I do have something to add.
I don't see why this would be faked, it's a common date. The RPM is legit, it's RPM-001 as said above. The warping on the reverse is just normal die wear and progressive indirect design transfer, fairly common on late die state 1900s US coins. http://www.error-ref.com/progressiv...gn-transfer/
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use