My name is Dennis and I've been collecting since probably the age of seven. My grandfather actually got me into it, he gave me my very first 1909 VDB. I started off with wheat cents then made my way to Mercury dimes, Buffalo nickels, Franklin's, and so forth until I was pretty much collecting any type of coin. I look forward to helping out with as much as I can and asking for any help I may need.
Im 34 so ive been at it a while. I love to have my coin time. I should be helpful on some subjects. Some not so much, but love to learn. And I'm glad to meet everyone, ive been hunting a Silver quarter expert. I recently bought a earlier yr silver album half full and tucked it away. And a friend got a hold of me wanting to trade . We got to looking and I had some big money siting there.
I find that many (if not most) numismatists I know had the "itch" from a very young age. I remember sorting by date and mint the Lincoln cents from my piggy bank when I was maybe 6 years old. By 1968, when I was 9, I had started collecting and had several Whitman coin folders and a subscription to COINage magazine. It's just grown from there.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use