I recently received a ebay gift card from a game app and decided to put it towards a silver purchase on ebay. When I went to ebay checkout and entered the card number it said something to the effect of "the items are not valid for this card" and would not accept it for the purchase!!!! I'm sure there's a reason for this but I would think since a gift card is purchased with cash you should be able to buy whatever you want! I don't understand the logic of what appears to me to be a flawed ebay policy. Has this happened to anyone else?
Same with the ebay credit card points. The only explanation I can think of for GC purchases is to prevent fraud. No idea why they would prevent CC point redemptions though.
The way I work around it is by browsing miscatagorized items, you have to sift through a ton of crap but sometimes you get some good stuff. I found a really nice 81-S Morgan in 64 CAC and a 1984 Olympic 3 coin set with a gold $5, both were free to me from the point redemptions!
Good info Adam! I read somewhere else here on these boards about "the category" listings and it makes sense as the bullion/coin category is definitely off limits!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use