| Author |
Replies: 11 / Views: 1,011 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7330 Posts |
Newest addition to my commemorative gold  
|
|
|
|
CCF Master Historian of Commemorative Coins
 United States
12580 Posts |
@muddler: Congrats! Very nice addition to your collection. I think it's a coin with a strong designs.
Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
I somehow thought you weren't a fan of TPG holders.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
21792 Posts |
I agree: a good design for a modern American commemorative.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
56855 Posts |
Very nice design. John1 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196328 Posts |
Outstanding! 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107837 Posts |
Very nice!! Being a Legion member - I may have to try to find one of them..
|
|
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts |
IIRC these were a very low mintage. Wasn't a strong seller.
I bought two 3-coin sets for my kids and I do like that clean design.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
945 Posts |
That is one of the best designs to come out in a while and your coin presents it remarkably. Well done.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
5700 Posts |
 That's One Sweet Unc Example Too. Well Done !!!!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
7330 Posts |
NGC gave it a 70
@coinfrog, I do collect some slabbed coins. Most of my gold commemoratives are in slabs as well as my proof cameo Franklin set, but the majority of my collection is in albums.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1376 Posts |
Quote: IIRC these were a very low mintage. Wasn't a strong seller. I like this design and think it is one of the better more recent designs. The subject and design didn't translate into sales though. This issue has the lowest mintage for the Uncs (1753) and Prfs (5864) of any of the commemorative half eagles. That Prf mintage is lower than this year's Purple Heart half eagle (currently 6080) and about a 1000 ahead of this year's Negro Leagues half eagle (currently 4879). So, it's to be seen whether or not it remain the low mintage proof half eagle. The Unc mintage is still ahead of this year's Unc commemorative half eagles (Purple Heart is currently 1226 and Negro Leagues is currently 1154). So, either of this year's issues may become the low mintage issue for Unc commemorative half eagles. Just have to wait and see.
|
| |
Replies: 11 / Views: 1,011 |
|