Coin Community Family of Web Sites
300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Question About ICCS Cross Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,085Next Topic  
Valued Member
CanadaPennies19's Avatar
Canada
201 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  4:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have a coin in an NGC slab, it's a high value coin ($700 BV)

I want to send it to ICCS. Is there a way that I can cross certify, and if it graded the same or higher, do a crackout into ICCS or if it graded lower leave it encapsulated?
Pillar of the Community
thedollarman's Avatar
Canada
4912 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very simple.. I do this all the time. I just write a small note specifying that I want the coin to only be cracked out if it meets x grade then tape it to the slab when I sub the coin..he will follow the instructions every time.
Feel free to call me Will.
Pillar of the Community
johnnysprawl's Avatar
Canada
1633 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you just have to describe this on the Service Request form.

I did something similar with a 1931 10c.
It was previously in a CCCS flip and I requested that if it graded higher to reholder it in an ICCS flip; if not then leave it in the CCCS flip.
Valued Member
CanadaPennies19's Avatar
Canada
201 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay perfect. And how would I price this?
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,085Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums