| Author |
Replies: 12 / Views: 1,016 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
756 Posts |
what do you think of this one? ill post the slab grade on tuesday evening. 
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts |
I'd guess Fine Details (gouged).
|
|
Valued Member
United States
485 Posts |
I'll go with VG-details (obverse damage).
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37206 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1856 Posts |
I'll say G6 details, net EAC G4.
Die state A (I think).
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
4510 Posts |
PCGS straight grades G6, and calls the hole in neck a planchet flaw. I am at VG Details Damaged.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
15952 Posts |
G06 details due to the obverse gouge.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
688 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
9811 Posts |
PCGS VG10 EAC grade 5/9 net7
I think it's the middle die state S-266b
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013! ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1981, ANS, Early American Coppers Member (EAC), Colonial Coin Collectors Club member (C4), Conder Token Collector Club member (CTCC), Civil War Token Society (CWTS) member, Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC) & Numismatic Bibliomania Society member (NBS), USMex, Member in good standing, 2¢ variety collector. See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin 01/02/2023 4:55 pm
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
18935 Posts |
G6 planchet flaw. grades straight
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1873 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
756 Posts |
PCGS called this one G detail. this is die state 266B. it has the obverse Cud but not the reverse Cud. 266B was considered the rare die state until recently when an intermediate state between B and C was discovered by Kevin Vinton. the thing on the bust tip looks like post mint damage to me. there is a bit of displaced metal right below it. I have no idea what could have done that though. there isn't any evidence of the damage on the opposite side.  if you really want a head scratcher - here is one they called VG10 and strait graded.   my opinion on the grade is that mine is an EAC net 4. I think it should have been graded VG details. this is my collection example of 1804. its in my "liberation day" pile and will be freed from this plastic box soon.
|
| |
Replies: 12 / Views: 1,016 |
|