Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1921 SLQ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,867Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
nod2003's Avatar
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2010  9:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I picked this one up last week because I thought I had a chance. From these photos, do you guys see a 1921 SLQ?

1921-SLQ?
Rest in Peace
johnny54321's Avatar
United States
4849 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2010  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnny54321 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking not. I see what you are seeing nod, but I doubt that a pre 25 slq with that much wear would show even the slightest trace of a date. The fact that there is still some indintation leads me to think it's post 24. Could be wrong though.
Valued Member
RollSeeker's Avatar
United States
366 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2010  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollSeeker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very tough to tell. Could you get a close up of the date? Or perhaps where the date usually is
Pillar of the Community
wheatguy's Avatar
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2010  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Johnny. Definitely not a 1921 IMO and a good chance that it's post '25, although I haven't seen a post 1925 SLQ with that little of the date.
Pillar of the Community
afcop13's Avatar
United States
1409 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like a 25 to me - you can see the loop in the 5.

I could be wrong - and hopefully you didn't have much more than melt into it.
Pillar of the Community
nod2003's Avatar
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Naw just melt price.
Rest in Peace
johnny54321's Avatar
United States
4849 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnny54321 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think afcop's right. Looks like a 25 to me too.
Pillar of the Community
nod2003's Avatar
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I agree. I think that a 1 would extend further down and can vaguely see the start of the curve on a 5. Well, there is still the faint signs of a 3 I found on the other SLQ I got that day.
Pillar of the Community
afcop13's Avatar
United States
1409 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you post that one yet?
Pillar of the Community
nod2003's Avatar
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As per request

1921-SLQ?

I am attempting to assemble a complete SLQ set from melt price. So far, of the trickier SLQs I have the 1916, the 1923, 1920S, 1917T1 and both 1927mm coins.
Edited by nod2003
08/20/2010 08:47 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20753 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2010  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea what that one is. Every time I look at the date it appears to something else.
Pillar of the Community
nod2003's Avatar
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2010  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 3 is more apparent in hand
Pillar of the Community
wheatguy's Avatar
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2010  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post '25.
Rest in Peace
johnny54321's Avatar
United States
4849 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2010  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnny54321 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at a loss on that one. Possibly post 25, but I have no clue.
Pillar of the Community
XavierOfGreen's Avatar
United States
2589 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2010  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i see what appears to be a 3 there, though it is somewhat high for where the date should be. Could just be my eyes playing tricks on me
Edited by XavierOfGreen
08/20/2010 6:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
Moe145's Avatar
United States
8904 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2010  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd love to help you Nod, but both of these look to me to be post 1925 (recessed dates). IMHO.



Sorry.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,867Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Forums