Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

New Coin Receive !

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,519Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
274 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2011  6:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yves to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hi !

I buy some coin on ebay and I receive it !

Here is the result

New-Coin-Receive-!

New-Coin-Receive-!

#1 It's 50¢ of 1916

#2 It's a another 50¢ of 199 ( I love this reverse design )

#3 It's 25¢ of 1907 but it look very strange, I don't have any other in this period to make some comparaison, my scale is not the better it have 5.7 G and I make I test with a 1929 and it's write 5.8. THe real weight of a 1929 is 5.83G and 5.81 G for 1907. Any idea ?

#4 It's a 25¢ of 1967

#5 and 6 are 2 other 25¢ of 1968.

Just to be sure...

- The silver are not magnetic... right ?

- In 1967 and 1968 ( for quarter) does some are magnetic ? Probably the 1968 on nickel ?

- It is a good idea to clean coin in "light" soap to remove finger mark ?

Thanks !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
617 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2011  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EastVanRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The silver coins are not magnetic.

In 1968, the magnetic ones are nickel, and the non-magnetic ones are silver.
Pillar of the Community
Maineman750's Avatar
United States
3592 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2011  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yves, don't clean with soap...best to use acetone...dip for a few seconds then lightly pat dry with cotton cloth...no rubbing
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9904 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2011  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1907 looks fine,F15 actually.Perhaps corrosion,a tenth of a gram is less than 2%, not a problem for a worn coin IMO
Valued Member
Johnny1328's Avatar
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2011  03:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Johnny1328 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some nice coins there Yves. I like both of the half dollars.
Pillar of the Community
North of 49's Avatar
Canada
617 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2011  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice Yves. Do you only collect quarters and half dollars?
Valued Member
Canada
274 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  05:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yves to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No I collect all Canadian coin. My collection of 1¢ is very aadvancedit mist only few and same thing for the 5¢ in nickel.

I buy them on ebay, I see that the 25¢ of 1907 are cleaned. I buy 2 X 25¢ of 1968 I don't know for what lol I already have them, 3 error the same day hahah. I will just resell it for silver on ebay, I will not loose a lot.

I'm not very very happy with the 25¢of 1967, I buy them for uncirculated, it's very borderline for a uncirculated.

I had buy some coin this winter but I don't had scan other.

My preferate design is this one like the 50¢ of 1955, I like it a lot.

For now, I thing that I will try to advence my silver 5¢ and 50¢.

I have a lot of hobby, I must split my cash lol

THanks !
Edited by yves
02/15/2011 05:24 am
Pillar of the Community
North of 49's Avatar
Canada
617 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2011  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a nice little collection.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,519Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums