Alright so I am just getting started again with my detecting. I am looking for old coins and just dont know were to look does anybody know any good ideas for Wisconsin. I would really appreciate hope you guys can help
Good luck in getting any help in WI. I've just started detecting myself and literally no one knows anything it seems when it comes to this hobby. I have been hitting old homesteads and occasionally Bradford Beach. Word of caution though, State owned parks are a NO GO, already got kicked out and learned the hard way. Im in the SE region so I dont have as many prime spots to hunt as someone in say SW WI. In that area there is alot of Indian History which I'm sure you can find lots of relics. Old coinage, eh, I am unsure, I believe the best place for finding that would be the east coast.
I live in Wisconsin but am not into detecting. Become a local history buff, visit your local library, find those old places, old farmsteads, fairgrounds, people runways, think creatively wherever the best places would be.
Other places to look are within large cities just because there has been a large amount of traffic in certain areas. The major flaw is that often you'll have to wade through a good deal of metal trash. In my own state and city, once I get a metal detector I'm planning on starting with my own yard and then asking my neighbors about detecting. I already asked a couple friends in advance and they said not only yes but they wanted me to find some missing items.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use