Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Can Anyone Help Swamperbob With A Problem?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 8,210Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
5362 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2012  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list
TJscoins - Hello and thanks - nice photos of the two overlaps. In this case what I am looking for is the design between the overpals to clearly show what a real edge design looks like.
Pillar of the Community
Hong Kong
1270 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2012  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wonghinghi to your friends list
Hello swamperbob, two coins for you to see:

1)Spain 8R Cadiz (the edge is largely worn)
2)Nueva Guatemala (with two opposite edge overlap)

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5362 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2012  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list
Thanks wonghinghi
Pillar of the Community
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2012  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list
Same coin with pics of the regular non-overlap edges:)

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?
Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?
Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?
Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?
Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5362 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2012  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list
Thanks TJ I can use that one for Mexico City. How do you want the picture credited?

All I need is one from Bolivia and I am done.
Pillar of the Community
France
1591 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2012  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MathieuMa to your friends list
TJsCoins : superb edge details !!
Pillar of the Community
France
1591 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2012  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MathieuMa to your friends list
swamperbob : just saw your mail, forgot that mailbox ...
I'll check out the one I have from Bolivia, I don't have the edge picture here. I don't remember how that one looks (transitional Carolus IV from 1790)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2012  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list
MathieuMa, thanks for the compliment. I have been working with my Rebel t2i / 100mm Canon macro for only a few months now. The camera and lens is amazing, but I am still working on using its full potential.

BTW, nice pics of your own!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1962 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2012  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add realeswatcher to your friends list
Bob, I have a few of the more obscure ones, give me a day or two and I'll try... Really disorganized here right now, plus I have a crummy camera/crummier lighting, so decent closeup pics can be a challenge.
Pillar of the Community
France
1591 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2012  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MathieuMa to your friends list
TJsCoins : I have a nice camera, but no macro lens ...
So I'm using my compact to take those, and if possible using natural light (with the artificial lamps all I get is yellow pictures, or blue pictures with LED ...)
Pillar of the Community
France
1591 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2012  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MathieuMa to your friends list
Here is for you Swamperbob, a Potosi 8 reales.
Light was not very nice, but it should do it.
Now that I think about it, I also have the Ferdinand VII Indian head, not sure how the edge on this one is (tell me if you need another one - I'll go get it).

Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?
Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?
Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?
Can-Anyone-Help-Swamperbob-With-A-Problem?
Edited by MathieuMa
12/16/2012 09:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5362 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2012  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list
I want to say thank you to everyone who helped with my project.

The book is done and ready to submit. Over 500 illustrated class 1 Contemporary Counterfeits.

Pillar of the Community
France
1591 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2012  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MathieuMa to your friends list
Looks like you did an amazing job, I'm sure many will thank YOU once it's out !
Valued Member
Germany
194 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2012  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dosmundos to your friends list
Can't wait for it to come out!!
Pillar of the Community
2087 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2012  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add austrokiwi to your friends list
Well done: I look forward to being able to purchase it
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 8,210Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums