Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1884-O Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 3,041Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2008  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list
coinsrus: EF40
biokemist6: AU53
Jaobler: AU-55 or AU-58
nuggethill: AU-55 or AU-58
wwhitman: MS-60
DagonX: MS-60
1sikevo: MS-61
morgans dad: MS-62
Metalman: MS-62
nlp coins: MS62
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2008  06:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list

Quote:
MORGANS DAD PS: Is it the light or the camera or does this coin have a gold tone to it?


No, I think its the light
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2008  06:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list

Quote:
PS:What is that on the eagles belly? MORGANS DAD..


Where?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5700 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2008  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgans Dad to your friends list
EgC, PLEASE NOTE, I reserve the grade of MS-60, just because I can not hold the coin in my hand and judge.Also if you draw a line from the I in UNITEDto the I in AMERICA, where the line crosses over the eagles belly, it appears to be a mark or a 'un-natural" form in the photo. Be well MORGANS DAD...
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2008  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list

Quote:
Also if you draw a line from the I in UNITEDto the I in AMERICA, where the line crosses over the eagles belly, it appears to be a mark or a 'un-natural" form in the photo.


I see, it is only the reflection of light on some of the feathers.
I think this difference is because this area is slightly elevated than the whole belly.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20057 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2008  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list
Lots of mint luster remains, looks like bag marks to me. MS-62
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR
https://verdi.care/
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2008  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list
coinsrus: EF40
biokemist6: AU53
Jaobler: AU-55 or AU-58
nuggethill: AU-55 or AU-58
wwhitman: MS-60
DagonX: MS-60
1sikevo: MS-61
morgans dad: MS-60
Metalman: MS-62
nlp coins: MS62
BadThad: MS-62

Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2008  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list
On the VAM forum, this was rated a VAM 16 Morgan and from all your replies it seems that most of the grading is between MS-60 to MS-62.

So, can anyone state the value for this MS-60 to MS-62, VAM 16 Morgan.

Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
5700 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2008  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgans Dad to your friends list
egc, I am sorry to of confused you. I want it known for the record: my opinion is a "ms60-ms62", I did not mean to stir the forum. I also would like to see more members visit this site and place their opinion, I know there is a lot of talent hidden in these members!!MORGANS DAD.
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2008  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list
No problem Morgans Dad


can anyone state the value for this MS-60 to MS-62, VAM 16 Morgan.?

Thanks
Edited by EgCollector
10/13/2008 07:12 am
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2008  07:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list
Pillar of the Community
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2008  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mklpatrick to your friends list
Yeah, I was thinking MS-60 until I saw that rim ding, so I will go with AU-58.
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2008  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list
Can anyone state the value for this MS-60 to MS-62, VAM 16 Morgan.?

Thanks
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2008  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list
That VAM is only an R3 rarity so it would not really have a premium over an unattributed Morgan, an MS60-62 grade should put it at about $30-35. VAMs that are part of the Top 100 or have higher R ratings are typically the ones that command a premium.
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2008  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list
Thanks biokemist6
Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 3,041Next Topic Page 3 of 3
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums