Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Post A Coin You Wish You Had Never Parted With

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 4,778Next Topic
Page: of 3
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ohhh Ssuperddave.. I thought I had a nice 1818 large cent until I saw the one you set free. Mine would be a junk bin coin compared to yours...


It's not terrifically scarce in that condition, thanks to the Randall Hoard. Got something like $550 for it, cracked and raw, on ebay.

Here's another regret, albeit a more replaceable one. My all-time favorite coin to shoot. It loved the camera:

Post-A-Coin-You-Wish-You-Had-Never-Parted-With

Post-A-Coin-You-Wish-You-Had-Never-Parted-With

Another example will definitely be joining my permanent collection at some point; it'll be my "21st Century, France" representative in what's tentatively turning out as an "each country, each century" collection.
Pillar of the Community
garys64wildcat's Avatar
United States
593 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2013  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garys64wildcat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have had quite a few coins that I hated to sell and wished for them back. But divorce can cost alot in the 1970`s when silver and gold were high
Favorites were my 1937 3 leg in vf+, 1879 Shield xf, complete set Buffalos & Wash quarters plus rolls of silver coins
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2013  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppertoning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Common date with not so common toning. The blast red reverse really helped set this one off. Be sure to check out the video link.

http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/j...?sort=3&o=55

Post-A-Coin-You-Wish-You-Had-Never-Parted-With
Bedrock of the Community
Joseph7420's Avatar
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2013  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No regrets yet!
Pillar of the Community
nalaberong's Avatar
Canada
2805 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2013  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nalaberong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have made a few trades that may have been too nice!

However, when I think of what I actually paid for each coin... I am still doing well

I start regretting when I have sent the coins but not received any either... as soon as they arrive, I am usually impressed with what I have got.
Pillar of the Community
DoubleEagle20's Avatar
United States
1760 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2013  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No major regrets so far. I know I probably will when I go to sell my double eagle collection, but many other coins will go before that does...
Edited by DoubleEagle20
10/29/2013 07:32 am
Pillar of the Community
CoinDan98's Avatar
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2013  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinDan98 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
NGC MS63, EAC F12

Edited by CoinDan98
10/29/2013 8:13 pm
Valued Member
briank's Avatar
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2013  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1922 no d lincoln Ngc au55. I had very little in to it but sold it to buy a 1970 chevy k5 blazer......so not a total loss.
Pillar of the Community
CoinCollector2012's Avatar
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2013  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not parted with anything I am really beating myself up over. Not yet anyway.
Edited by CoinCollector2012
10/30/2013 3:17 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2013  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never sold a coin, so no offering from me.

However, if we were discussing a coin that we had the opportunity to acquire, but did not, then...
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2013  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
However, if we were discussing a coin that we had the opportunity to acquire, but did not, then...


I'm taking that one and running with it. Look in Main Coin in a few minutes.
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2013  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppertoning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm taking that one and running with it. Look in Main Coin in a few minutes

I am lost please post a link
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2013  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppertoning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link Jbuck
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2013  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppertoning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I am here.

Another lost love I may never replace.

Post-A-Coin-You-Wish-You-Had-Never-Parted-With
  Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 4,778Next Topic
Page: of 3

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums