Pretty sure I have a DDO here. Possibly the 1971-D DDO-006 or 007. The lack of luster caught my eye as well. It is very dull compared to all the other halves that I have gone through. Is the lack of luster an environmental issue or something from the mint and the planchet?
The coin appears to have very little circulation damage for its age. It is almost a gun metal grey. There are also very uniform streaks/striations running almost horizontally across the coin. Here are the other photos.
I don't think your half dollar would be the 71D DDO-006. Attached are a couple of photos of the DDO-006 in my collection, note the doubling on the hair under the B in LIBERTY, the doubling on IN GOD, the first 1 of date, and the mintmark position. I think you just have some minor doubling on your half.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use