Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1988 $2 Mule. Layer's.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 407Next Topic  

Australia
18 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  12:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Malnsw to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've found a mule from 1988, can anyone tell me if I'm right or not.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1106 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Malnsw and

It's the other side that'll help determine this ... can you please add a photo of the reverse?
Australia
18 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Malnsw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi here's the back of the coin.

Valued Member
Australia
68 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is just a heavily worn 1988 $2 coin. Nothing special here. Definitely not a mule!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3828 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  02:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most worn I have ever seen. Do you actually know what a mule is. Also this is a $2 coin not a $1!

Perhaps limit your findings to a single thread please. 4 is not helpful.

Sorry to be harsh, but I counted several major errors here that led me to think you were taking the mickey out of us.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
01/20/2022 03:02 am
Australia
18 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Malnsw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So the 1972 five cent I found is of no interest to you then
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3828 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  03:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not really, its scarce but hardly worth millions.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Australia
18 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  03:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Malnsw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry it was the wrong coin this website is a little bit different from what I'm used to. So if it is just a worn coin why does the letters have defined lines.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3461 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's probably stuck in some holder such as the taxi coin holder or used in trolley.

Definitely post damage, not mint error
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5298 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a mule. It's exactly the same as the other 160 Million that were minted. Don't believe all the hype, it's mostly just scammers trying to fool uninformed people.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 407Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: