Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Tuskegee Airmen Many ?'s

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 445Next Topic  
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  10:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SunnyNinaD to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Let me try this again!

There are several machine looking gouges or almost hash tags below planes but they are smooth and equal there is no ridges on with side of marks. Damage on obverse is going other direction from three marks on coin. It looks like bombs dropping. Also he has a droopy left eye and clop on something in the right. I am assuming that is just ?clash? or something hit him in the face distorting his image. I have seen a lot other posts about thathe Errors but I have several coins where faces are distorted. What causes this issues?

Also, do the dashes make plane look fat !! There is also (only noticeable at a certain angle) there is a fathom plane next to lowest jet? Am I just delusional? What causes that?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1412 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like your coin took a few hits from other coins.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44658 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the reverse between the planes' wing tip and the building looks like reed hits from another reeded edge coin. The rest looks like hits from being circulated.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
14686 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just contact marks.PMD
There is nothing there that could happen when the coin was struck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6088 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with all above and as stated in your previous post on this same coin. Contact marks !
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SunnyNinaD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why is always the responses PMD certainly that's the big part that happens but those aren't scratches. I guess I just have to get my microscope and check it out and get you some better pictures.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1662 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mds308 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why is always the responses PMD certainly that's the big part that happens but those aren't scratches. I guess I just have to get my microscope and check it out and get you some better pictures.

This is because the guys here know their stuff. Your coins look like bag marks. Most perceived errors end up being PMD. It's frustrating but like I just read in another post, and I quote, "Not every coin in your pocket is an error coin."
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SunnyNinaD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I'm sure they do but it looks pretty cool to me keeping it for myself....PMD and all...I guess I won't ask anymore just assume all marks are PMD and post it as hey this is cool looking don't you think?

I was hoping someone could give me different info more of what would be the cause of this effect info stuff I didn't already kinda know....like the fathom jet what causes that? Oh well thanks anyways..have fun hunting.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57409 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reeds on the sides of the coins are damaging the fields on your coin. Just coin contact.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21792 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

No need, we've seen these hundreds of times. They are marks from the reeds of other quarters while they are in the ballistic bags that are over 2,500 pounds. These get bounced around by forklifts.

United States
40 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SunnyNinaD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well thank you I will have to watch the videos on how coins are made. Any idea how I could have the fathom jet? My microscope will be here next week I will send I can capture it better that way and post them..I am thinking it's pretty shiney that is just a reflection, but I could be wrong.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2018 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any idea how I could have the fathom jet?

I'm sorry to say but it's a case of Pareidolia.
https://www.coincommunity.com/dicti...reidolia.asp
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SunnyNinaD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21792 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can post all the pictures you want, won't change the fact that they are Reed Marks.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21792 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will send I can capture it better that way and post them

Please, no more photos. As mentioned, we have seen this sort of damage on these before. Sounds like you don't believe us, but we would never mislead you, promise.
ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 445Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: