Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1918-S Wheat Cent Grade (Not High Grade)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 294Next Topic  
Valued Member
Japan
349 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  2:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bungle to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Trying to grade this, just for fun. Got distracted by the reverse (See the weak O and the UM in UNUM stretched to the rim)
Also the L in LIBERTY is doubled a bit ( Machine Doubling)

I give it AU-50. What do you think?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68834 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice full ear, traces of luster - I'll say AU-55 or even 58.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6013 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In at AU55
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17438 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also in at AU-55 , but I'd like to know what color it is in hand .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17957 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin. AU-53
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with Coinfrog, au55 or possibly au58, nice coin. Guessing the third photo is more color accurate.
Valued Member
Japan
349 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  05:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bungle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone.
Here is a photo taken in daylight, next to a newish Lincoln Memorial cent.
It shows the color well enough. The obverse is slightly darker than the reverse.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12199 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad you posted different lighting photos. I would have graded the coin differently using only the first set or even the 2nd set. I'm using the last photos for the overall look of the coin which I think is more what the coin looks like in hand

obv strike is a little mushy and reverse has grease strike through areas. I think its in the AU55 range
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23893 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice looking AU-55.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 294Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: