Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For A Coin Holder Book To Organize By Date And Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 447Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
128 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  10:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi. In trying to preserve and organize my coins, I asked a while back ago about what most use to store their coins. Most said use the 2x2. I tried the capsules and just to difficult to get em to fit properly. I'm probably doing it wrong, but I ordered the 2x2. Can anyone recommend a book that will hold the 2x2's and not just put them in the plastic folder? A folder that will hold the 2x2's?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17745 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know of any folder that holds 2x2 holders other than binder pages in a loose leaf book . Each page holds 25 coins .
As for your capsules your probably using the wrong size for your coins . If you tell us what kind of coins your trying to preserve and organize then we can help a lot better .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. I've put all silver and proof coins in 2x2's. I have some in capsules but you have to cut them out just right or they will move around and are not properly contained. Now, I have tons of wheat pennies, War Nickels, and 1970 and before quarters. Can I put them in a coin roll to preserve? Especially the wheat pennies? I don't want them all turning green and worthless?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17745 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Wheaties, War Nickles and Quarters can go in paper wrapper rolls for storage providing you keep them in a cool dry place free of humidity.
They should not turn green and worthless . Do not put proof coins in paper wrappers

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Edited by T-BOP
05/25/2022 9:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
868 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would recommend that you put your Proof coins in a capsule and interact with them as little as possible. Even the slightest scratch can cause irreparable harm.

Edited by Slerk
05/26/2022 10:05 am
Learn More...
Australia
14501 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2x2s are an excellent and time-tested storage method for coins. They do have some drawbacks: the edge seal is not perfect on the stapled types, and the self-adhesive types can out-gas solvents from the glue. You have ot be careful of the staples, and not allow stapled 2x2s to scratch each other if stacked together. And, as you've noted, a 2x2 is more bulky than a loose coin, or even a coin in one of those cheap plastic coin album pages.

There are solutions. One old-fashioned solution that might come in handy: a 2x2 is exactly the same size as a standard 20th century photographic slide, so anything designed to hold slides will do a perfectly adequate job of storing coins in 2x2s. Slide boxes are good for bulk storage and now that most people are throwing away their photographic slides and going digital there's lots of slide boxes around on the second-hand market you should be able to get cheaply, but for display purposes, an album page designed to hold photographic slides is what I personally use. Slide album pages have an advantage over the pages they usually sell in coin supplies shops, because the plastics used are generally superior and don't "stick" to the 2x2 film. The 5x4 pages made by Vue-All are what I'm currently using to house the bulk of my coin collection. Vue-All also make "Safe-T-Binders" designed to fit Vue-All's pages, and they work together really well as coin albums; their rigid box-like structure means you can stack them up, without worrying about the albums on top squeezing down and causing problems for the albums on the bottom of the stack.

Last time I bought some last year some time, I noticed that Vue-All have finally realised that their products are good for coins, and have started marketing themselves to coin collectors on their website.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. Off to the coin store tomorrow!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 447Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: