Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

VAM Request For 1891 O Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 577Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2022  8:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know this is a 1A, but can we pin down which one for sure from the photos? Thanks VAM Masters!

"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
915 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2022  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We're called Vammers
Pillar of the Community
United States
4089 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2022  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a 1A2 to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2022  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We're called Vammers

You may be a VAMmer. People like me are more like VAMatures competing with the VAMpires

Quote:
It looks like a 1A2 to me.

Thanks, @Zurie. I sure hope so. It is difficult for me to tell from these pics. Will be in hand in about a week.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2022  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 91o_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm leaning towards 1a1. It possibly could be the photo, but I am not seeing the gouge between the A and T in states which occurs with VAM stage 1a4 and occurs prior to stage1a2. A close-up photo of that area would help determine the stage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2022  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A close-up photo of that area would help determine the stage.

As you can tell from earlier posts, I leave a lot to be desired with my coin photography. When she shows up I will attempt to provide pics with a little more detail.

Thank you all for your comments so far.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it is 1A1
1A4 is after 1A1 but it would have the gouge from the A to the T in states on the reverse .
It is usually easy to see.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11114 Posts
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 577Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: