Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1953 Cinco Pesos- Silver Coin- Hodalgo

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 338Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
96 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  03:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Camrdaddy19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I bought this coin for $10 off a guy I didn't know at a "gathering" I tried looking it up but got a lot of different numbers. The guy at the coin shop offered me $13(melt value)...I don't know that I want to sell it and I'm not Spanish whatsoever. but I think it's a pretty cool coin. Was it worth the $10?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1731 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think 10 dollars was a great price to buy this coin, as retail on yours averages around $25.00. I see very light wear so not quite uncirculated to me still puts this in the 20-22 dollar range to me, so you did good
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8013 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin has 20.0 grams of silver (27.78 x 0.720) which at today's spot price is worth ~$13.60 melt. So, no matter condition, a $10 purchase price was a good deal.

It appears to be an attractive, lightly-circulated coin - it's likely worth about $25-$30 retail; maybe more based on condition (an accurate grade assessment would require in hand inspection).

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
06/26/2022 07:34 am
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Camrdaddy19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! Good news! Thanks for the info yall!
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 338Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: