Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1940 S Wheat Cent With Feature In The Wheat?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 493Next Topic  

United States
41 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  7:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add newdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
on the reverse, a partial circle going through the wheat grains. also maybe a die chip on the O in one.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70347 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics way too dark to evaluate.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2355 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a hefty cud - I believe it's called a retained cud in this case. Nice!
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2024 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! Here's a link to just 1940S pre-cuds and retained cuds. This year/mint obviously had issues, there's a bunch for you to look through.

LINK http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-ce...-cuds-1940s/
-makecents-
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add newdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the link Makecents, this matches up real close to 80R. Do you think it would be worth getting certified?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2024 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
thanks for the link Makecents, this matches up real close to 80R. Do you think it would be worth getting certified?
You are welcome and thank you for taking the time to match it up so quickly! It looks good to me. I personally would not get it holdered, if that is what you are referring too. If you want to make sure of the listing, you can email pics to COC but they would need to be much better, clear and you need to follow the specs that they ask for. I think you have nailed it though. I would just put it in a 2x2 flip, if it were myself.

-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
06/28/2022 8:16 pm
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add newdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok, thanks. Appreciate the info.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10427 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice future cud. I can't really call that a cud yet as the design is still visible and that the die piece had not yet fallen away. But I'm sure it wasn't far from that happening.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2024 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
nice future cud. I can't really call that a cud yet as the design is still visible and that the die piece had not yet fallen away. But I'm sure it wasn't far from that happening.
Dearborn, read what it says at the top of this link, it breaks down a pre-cud, retained cud and a cud. As Bump111 said, this is a retained cud, not a pre-cud, not a cud, it's in the middle.

LINK http://cuds-on-coins.com/pre-cuds-on-u-s-coins-2/
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
8962 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 493Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: