Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

So You Just Won Mega Millions, What Would You Collect?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 1,463Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
210 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  9:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If I won Mega Millions I would collect early American coins. I especially love flowing hair and liberty cap designs. My Morgan set would get upgrades. Maybe collect double eagles too.
How about you?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5381 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would get a nice set of large US notes. And upgrade my IHC set, complete my 2 registry sets. Maybe get some pre 1933 gold coins. And I would travel a lot.
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good topic.Pmint1.
Would you be collecting all the different types of early american coins? https://www.littletoncoin.com/shop/...erican-Coins
I like this one bought for 1.18 million. Coins with a story. https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...rst-u-s-coin

Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's over a billion dollars now, so I'd collect everything.

I'd try to be the next Louis Eliasberg.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2641 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What would I collect? Cars, coins, guns, and a whole lot of interest and dividends!
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would probably start with proof Morgan's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2288 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same series I collect now, bust halves. Except they would be AU-MS. If I still had cash laying around I would go liberty cap and draped bust large cents.

I would also get a reasonably reliable car, with air conditioning.
Pillar of the Community
United States
678 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, I'd collect the winnings.
Pillar of the Community
United States
678 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok ok, that was a cop-out so here goes...

I'd buy a building to house my expanding collection of all kinds of coins and set it up with tours that cost One cent to enter and would give you five cents back when you leave. The tour would take about 20 minutes and there would be no short-cutting - kinda like iKea. There would be a gift shop at the end selling coins and coin accessories, right after the turnstile that would payout your five cents - all pennies. You would be required to wear oversized shaggy wool slippers the entire time you are in the building and those would be collected on exit.
Edited by PlumCrazy814
07/27/2022 11:43 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20069 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In such a situation, my collecting aspirations would not change.
My collecting objectives have not changed in more than four decades, and I see no need to change them, if I were to have a huge lottery win.
I have achieved most of my lifetime collecting goals, anyway.

Most of a big lottery win would be given to my loved ones and charity.
Learn More...
United States
116397 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First, I'd collect the winnings.

After I finished off the last six holes in what I call the "Classic Set" of Dansco albums (pocket lint if I were a Billionaire), I would start working on that graded type set I dream about, based on an expanded 7070. I would aim for #1 position in the registry and yes, this baby would have the "gold page" items as well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh that's an easy questions ; Wheat Cents !

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
9371 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's simple....cars.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
966 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would buy a house in the South of France.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anything I wanted!!!!

KK
Valued Member
United States
210 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My state post tax's cash payout is about $400,000,000 now.
Maybe I'll buy that 1804 dollar I've had my eye on for the 7070 album.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 1,463Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: