Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Wanted Just One Nice Buffalo Nickel, So I Got This One! (1936 D)

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 888Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  4:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am a beginner on a budget, and I have wanted at least one decent Buffalo nickel. A dealer at the Bay State (MA) coin show last week had a binder with coins organized by date and grade, so I simply looked for the highest grade at the least price! This was a lot more difficult than with the Mercury dime I also shared here. This is the coin I ended up with for $3.50.

It probably won't get anyone's blood pumping but hey, it's better than a flat circle of metal with the trace of an Indian on it!

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark to Title. Titles are Important! ***

Pillar of the Community
United States
572 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cointagous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's a great pickup with lots of detail. Enjoy.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Check GaryVanWa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GaryVanWa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice buy!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71692 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks nice, EF-45 or so.
Valued Member
United States
72 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tonyqt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone started like this. Nice coin!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20730 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin. Almost full horn.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's the way to do it ! Nice condition Buff for a good price .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4226 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice, honest looking example with hints of luster remaining. I'd say AU50. Can't go wrong with a solid Buffalo nickel, regardless of the date
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another nice pickup. Looks well-struck with a lot of detail - I think you made a good choice!
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice pick-up...very well chosen. Keep on the hunt.

KK
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
Valued Member
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks great! Great buy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For $3.50 I would have purchased the bison nickel! Nice pick!
Pillar of the Community
United States
910 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Great Purchase!
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeTime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice purchase
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 888Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: