Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1919 1 Franc Semeuse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 508Next Topic  
Valued Member

Germany
312 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  2:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HP2001PH to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Another pretty french coin. Photo is not 100% ideal, I have to practise taking pictures of smaller coins.

This is some kind of MS I am sure. How would you grade it?

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1176 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's got bright lustre under the toning, scratches to the reverse though mean this won't grade higher than about MS63. Looks like a nice one in MS.
I've got one currently at NGC, you can find it lower down here in this world grading forum, I believe it was 1915. I'm actually hoping for MS67 on mine, but I'll take MS66 haha.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20337 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These coins reasonably common in MS grades.
They were hoarded during and after WW1 by the French population.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing any wear so minimum MS-63.

KK
Valued Member
Germany
312 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HP2001PH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all you replies.

It seems to me especially the later dates are common in MS. Which makes sense when hoarding began in the war.

Could be a nice endeavour to get the whole set 1898-1920!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be a nice endeavor to get the whole set 1898-1920!

That would be!!! Also to have companion sets of the 50c and 2 Franc.

KK
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25630 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a real nice MS-65 to me.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 508Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: