Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 P Quarter Georgia, Possible Die Crack

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 594Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  4:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is a very pretty Georgia peach, in nice shape. I have now seen several examples (one here! http://goccf.com/t/428150) of actual die cracks in the same area, obverse at 7 o'clock running through the U and Q. What do you all think? Also, to the eye it's a very pretty coin, decent condition. Should I repost it in the grading help section?
Thanks in advance!

Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MakesNoCentsToMe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To my newbie eye looks like a small die crack. It won't hurt to put it on the grading forum just to maybe get an idea. You've already taken the pic's so the hard part is done.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16358 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a small crack.
Doesn't really need to be graded as it is circulated and
is worth 25 cents no matter what it grades.
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To my newbie eye looks like a small die crack. It won't hurt to put it on the grading forum just to maybe get an idea. You've already taken the pic's so the hard part is done.

haha yes that was def the hard part! Thanks!
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like a small crack.
Doesn't really need to be graded as it is circulated and
is worth 25 cents no matter what it grades.

Thank you! It's so pretty, I put all of them in 2x2's so I estimate a grade to add to it. It's one of the nicer quarters I've found, or maybe in my top 10 at least. :)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71860 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, no premium here now or likely ever.
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Agree, no premium here now or likely ever.

Thanks very much. I realize I save coins that have no value but it's a fun discovery process as I learn. And I keep many of them regardless. I'm sure I'll regret that one day! lol
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11183 Posts
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yep that is a die crack, we have seen several quarters now with a crack in the same location.

Much appreciated, thank you!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be the start of a nice side collection...as others have said...not much in value, but loads of fun.

KK
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Could be the start of a nice side collection...as others have said...not much in value, but loads of fun.

KK

Thanks Kopper! I agree! I am new to this so ALL collecting is fun for me! I have a nice collection of indian heads now, a bunch of steel cents, a small selection of Mercury dimes, an 1871 4Pence and a bunch of European circulated coins and bills. So, I'm at the very beginning of my journey :)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59736 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But some die events have no premium. So they will be face value coins regardless of how long you keep them.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3305 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you will not estimate grad this coin MS because in this case you will have wrong self grad for all your coins.
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But some die events have no premium. So they will be face value coins regardless of how long you keep them.

Ok, got it. I just like this quarter because it's looking pretty good for 1999 so I will keep regardless. I haven't found that many cracks, I have a cracked skull cent, etc and a few cuds. I'm training my eyes to find them because it's fun. And I'm trying to learn to grade as I go. So, I keep track of everything. And make mostly mistakes at this point, but that's ok for now :) Thank you!
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope you will not estimate grad this coin MS because in this case you will have wrong self grad for all your coins.

Ok, I won't! Thank you! It has great luster and is appealing to the eye. So, maybe it's XF or so. But I am re-watching grading videos as I go. :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1858 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats the fun in this hobby. You can collect whatever you want.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 594Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: