Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Would Grade Could This 1970 S Nickel Achieve?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 337Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
64 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  4:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newbcoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I'm just wondering if I have a pretty good 1970s nickel or if it's like your average rent in the middle 1970s nickel I was in good shape I don't know?

Also do y'all suggest taking the pictures with the light on or off on the phone for photos?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71847 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty average to me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46662 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
8976 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it may even detail grade if a TPG were playing. The green stuff is likely either corrosion or PVC.

My grade VF Details value $0.05 or only face value IMO.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some photos of the graded examples to compare.
https://www.PCGS.com/coinfacts/coin...-5c-fs/84085 there is also a little link that says view more images in the center you can click to see more, it will take you to this page for the 1970-s as example:
https://www.PCGS.com/coinfacts/coin...images/84085

If you look at the pricing guide, you will notice its mostly the uncirculated ones with full steps, or a very high grade only that might be worthwhile to invest in grading fees.
https://www.PCGS.com/prices/detail/...1-70/ms?pn=2
Edited by datadragon
08/16/2022 4:38 pm
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, this coin would grade VF and is only worth it's face value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just VF.

KK
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25296 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25, no collector value.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13001 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 337Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: