Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2003 Australian 5 Cent Echidna's Nose Stuck On 5

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,189Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2022  07:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2022  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Left part of 5 looks doubled and nose stuck on 5.
Edited by Allcoinage
09/03/2022 07:14 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
677 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2022  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that.
Sometimes it would be better for me to comment if there was not so much text and squiggle lines on the coin.
It can be very distracting, especially when I am viewing on my phone. Perhaps try just putting a description.
Just saying.
Either way, it would be a keeper in my collection.
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Valued Member
Australia
364 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2022  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have to agree with you there ttkoo, sometimes it is hard to see the picture clearly enough with all the lines in play. That , 2003 however, is a form of dye deterioration called design berm, I believe.
Edited by gnome
09/04/2022 01:45 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2022  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also there's Webbing on left arm that's not usually there.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2022  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I see I will only put title on coin and then I will post text what I think is wrong with coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
677 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2022  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and keep them coming
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
677 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2022  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A design berm. I've heard the expression before, related to dirt mounds. So maybe some cases of MD may be this form of Die Deterioration. Very interesting, thanks gnome.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2022  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Free of wording and squiggly lines

Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2022  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obverse has let this coin down with dent and finger print
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2022  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1302 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2022  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sticky beak? yeah there common on 2003 however yours is definitely a very nice and large area that has deteriorated and is rare. Also the obverse can sometimes have some extra bits.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
677 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2022  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it, it's a nice coin, in pretty good shape for near 20 years in the wild.
The ding on the obverse is likely a bag mark inflicted at the mint.
You are getting together a nice little collection of 5 cent oddities, well done.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2001 Australian 5 cent sticky beak joined by cud also cud on Queens lips.

Edited by Allcoinage
10/05/2022 10:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Australia
947 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you ttkoo I have a few more coin finds that I may need confirmation with.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,189Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: