Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Edible Coins (In A Way).

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 461Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Australia
1411 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  11:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was watching a Korean street food vid and I suddenly realised the waffle machines had a mold resembling a Korea 10 Won coin. Sure enough, the final snack was a 1966 10 Won coin in both obverse and reverse. Kind of cool I reckon. It got me thinking, what other edible treats are fashioned on actual coins? I have heard of chocolate coins but from what I can tell, they are a non-generic coin. Any one know of other snacks that resemble real-life coins?

Learn More...
Australia
14949 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  02:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chocolate coins tend to be modelled on local coins. Here in Australia, the ones you buy in the supermarkets typically are modelled on Australian decimal coins, though the sizes are wrong. The 2 cent piece is much bigger than the 20 cent piece, that sort of thing.

As for other edible coins or even coin-themed food, I can't think of too much to offer. I have seen those Dutch-made "licorice coins", and there are jelly lolly coins in much the same form, though these are always highly generic rather than a specific coin type.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4638 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't think of any other coin food, but I won't won of those waffles.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
120545 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I won't won of those waffles.

I used to get golden foil covered chocolate coins for Christmas all the time. Usually US Kennedy half dollars, but sometimes I received some of the smaller dimensions as well. Never had a chocolate Ike though. Bummer.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6214 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In Canada you can get chocolate Loons and Toons but twice the size..
Learn More...
United States
120545 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In Canada you can get chocolate Loons and Toons but twice the size..
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Notatzaddik to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chanukah is coming up, look for the bags of chocolate gelt (gold/money) at the stores.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1411 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Chanukah is coming up, look for the bags of chocolate gelt (gold/money) at the stores.

I know the Israeli mint produces gift coins that are the same as the circulated coins except they have the menorah on them, are the chocolate coins the same?
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Notatzaddik to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember the Chanukah coins looking like real coins. I will have to check, they are just coming into the shops. There are several manufactures. I think the Elite version have the actual coin images.
The taste is pretty good also.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 461Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: