Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Queen Elizabeth II Toonie Info

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 4,717Next Topic
Page: of 4

Canada
33 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  4:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5060 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Our Queen really deserves this, hoping this toonies is something special in design for the occasion
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1167 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. With the black surrounding the Queen's bust, could this be called a "death toonie"?
Canada
17 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rustoleum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The article says there will be a 'public coin exchange' at the Winnipeg Mint this Wednesday and Thursday. Being in Winnipeg I might have to take a trip down. I'm new to collecting so am not sure what a 'coin exchange' is. Does this mean a person can exchange a normal $2 for this special toonie?
Valued Member
Canada
203 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rustoleum
At the coin exchange you can exchange "old" money for the coins the mint is offering for a maximum of 5 coins. So for $10.00 dollars you would receive 5 new toonies in this example. It is a face value exchange for the denomination being offered.
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone in the Winnipeg or Ottawa area willing to make an extra trip through the line or bring along a child/grandchild/imaginary friend to do an exchange for a new best friend in the States? It be a much appreciated Christmas gift.
Canada
33 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't take long. Already available on eBay.
Edited by applesauced
12/06/2022 09:44 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5060 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The new image of this special toonie is on the RCM site, it is a little dark for a coin but for it"s intended purpose, it works. A black ring and the reverse core with all her effigies
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The new image of this special toonie is on the RCM site, it is a little dark for a coin but for it"s intended purpose, it works. A black ring and the reverse core with all her effigies
https://www.mint.ca/en/stories/hono...elizabeth-ii

I like it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48409 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't find it on the bay. How much are they going for? I think I would like one if not too expensive.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5060 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It"s a circulating coin, so it should be available soon
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It"s a circulating coin, so it should be available soon
I have issued a BOLO to my TO and PEI peeps.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6214 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the other Toons and Loons are circulating coins as well and I have not seen any of the coloured ones up in Northern Ontario even from 2020 so I don't think this will show up here. Would be nice though.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5060 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are a long time customer or have rather large dealings with one of the big 5 banks ask your favorite person in this branch to save you a roll or so and reward them, ie a Timmy card. This toonie will probably be really hard to find in the wild due to it"s unique colour, depending on mintage of course. Back with the 150 celebrations the BOC made close to 40 million special notes, there was no demand for 40 million
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6214 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was told by 3 or 4 different banks that they do NOT get any new rolls of coins in they just use what is on hand.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 4,717Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: