So I pulled this out of the change machine at work and upon closer examination when I got home, Rosie's head seems to have a frostier look than the rest of the coin. But it's a tad worn for me to say either way, and the frost is kind of hard to see from these scans.
I might be mistaken, but I think in that period proofs were still made at the Philadelphia mint, weren't they? If so, this 1954-S coin can't possibly be a proof. Sorry.
Hi Dasalo, Here is an excerpt from a Roosevelt dime website. " The first proof Roosevelt dimes were struck in 1950, when the production of proof coinage resumed at the Philadelphia Mint. Annual proof sets were offered for sale to collectors from 1950 to 1964, containing one example of each denomination, including the dime "
Even though its not a proof it is still 90% silver and a great find. John
I just want yall to know that because of this thread, I looked up the earlist proof set(1936). Hoping to see a proof Peace dollar. Imagine my outrage upon discovering that the stopped minting the Peace dollarin19 1935
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use