| Author |
Replies: 6,747 / Views: 634,357 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1276 Posts |
I never go through dimes but I have a few books from a decade ago that needed the more recent years filled. I picked up a little over $50 worth and was able to fill quite a few holes. Still missing a few modern ones and didn't come across a single 2026! However a 51-p Roosevelt was a nice prize from the hunt! I also found 2 x 2009-p.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79433 Posts |
Quote: a 51-p Roosevelt was a nice prize from the hunt! I also found 2 x 2009-p. Nice finds.  
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196272 Posts |
Very nice! 
|
|
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts |
After I opened one of the customer-wrapped dime rolls I acquired this morning at a local bank, I was excited to see a large number of coins with silvery edges lined up at one end of the roll. But when I examined their reeding more carefully, I realized they were Canadian dimes (plus two foreign coins). I commonly will find a Canadian coin in a dime roll -- but the number of them in this roll (12) was outrageous. My attitude changed when I examined each coin. I found an 80% silver 1957 dime and an 80% silver 1968 dime. After I replaced each foreign coin with a US dime (as I always do), I was happier than I had been when I first recognized their origin. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9887 Posts |
No wounder I can't find any silver dimes you have them all.  Congrats nice find. 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19612 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79433 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196272 Posts |
Excellent! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2961 Posts |
While I had spectacular Dimes finds in July (1996-W) and August (full roll of silvers), September was quite an uneventful month for me in the Dimes department. 13,900 searched and a grand total of four silvers found (1956, 1959, 1960-D, 1963-D). always nice to add to the stack, but my September Dime silver find rate (1 per 3,475) was barely better than in Quarters (1 per 4,296) lol. An aberration which will likely correct this month.  
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,600,000 nickels searched in eight years! Have found FOUR complete Jefferson sets!
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79433 Posts |
Still nice finds, John77!  
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196272 Posts |
I agree, no complaints from me. 
|
|
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts |
At least you got those four, John77. You know how it is; dimes are just plain inconsistent.
|
| |
Replies: 6,747 / Views: 634,357 |