Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

What Is Your Favorite Denomination To Collect !

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 6,242Next Topic
Page: of 4
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2015  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As of right now, the Dollar as the edge with nickels and half dollars right behind.
Valued Member
CanadaCoinCollector's Avatar
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2015  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaCoinCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5.5 days left
Pillar of the Community
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2015  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add terry8835 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess the half dollar, quarter and dollar in that order but anything which I can collect and complete a set is what I like. I would like to collect the Saint-Gaudens $20 gold piece even knowing I could never get a complete set. Any coin that was wild in the 1950's I would like to complete a set.
Pillar of the Community
CalzoneManiac's Avatar
United States
2244 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2015  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least we can get a type set from 1839 to present (even though it would cost $5000+)
Pillar of the Community
dsfreeworld's Avatar
United States
4337 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2015  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm the lonely dime vote.

I'm only short the 1809 and 1826 in my Capped Bust Collection.

I must have 50 different years and MMs for my Liberty Seated Set

I've got only 6 Barbers but all high grade (AU)

I've got an all MS Mercury 1934 to 1945 all MMs and micro S (posted on the CCF not too long ago)

I LOVE DIMES!
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
New Member
BrianCoin's Avatar
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2015  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrianCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My vote would be cents. In particular I love collecting any and all large cents, regardless of grade or whether I have it already. I do have a full set of various grade lincolns from 1909-2015 - No 1909 VDB S, too much $ for my taste.

In all though I like collecting everything but my bank account is usually small so I stick with the cheap stuff that I can afford with a splurge every now and than.
Valued Member
CanadaCoinCollector's Avatar
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2015  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaCoinCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4.5 Days Left
Pillar of the Community
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2015  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add terry8835 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a complete set of Walkers. That is a collection I would not mind improving. I will never be buying 1921-d in UNC. condition if they exist, but I could improve many. I can use the exiting one to trade up for a little. The high grade walkers do go form some decent money, but finding them before 1930 is very hard.
Valued Member
perotti31's Avatar
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2015  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perotti31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm working on a graded set of Morgan silver dollars right now. But that's not my only collection going, it's the one I like the most and the one I am concentrating on.
Valued Member
CanadaCoinCollector's Avatar
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2015  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaCoinCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 days left
Pillar of the Community
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2015  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add terry8835 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To complete a full set of Morgans in MS+ condition would be a dream, investment and a life time achievement. You can buy so many in MS63-64 for pretty small money. Then there are the ones you will have to really shell out for and the almost unobtainable. I think the Morgans are my favorite coin.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
Valued Member
CanadaCoinCollector's Avatar
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2015  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaCoinCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 days left
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2015  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought about this for a few days, and ended up choosing Dollars.

Just because that is my front burner focus right now.

I really have no problem buying any denomination coin.

And it was tough not choosing quarter, I have more quarters than any
other denomination in my collection.

But my Seated, Trade, Morgan, Peace, Ike, SBA, ASE, Sac and President
dollars have more value.

I also spend more time looking at my Morgan's and reading about them.
  Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 6,242Next Topic
Page: of 4

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Forums