|
This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!
To participate in the forum you must log in or register. | Author |
Replies: 23 / Views: 6,162 |
|
|
|
Pillar Of The Community
3147 Posts |
Carl we will keep you in mind as I just received word today my collecting friend in the Netherlands has received the gold and silver ducats we ordered through him! Can't hardly wait for them to reach the states so I can see what the 2005's look like! I have the 1992 and 2002 silver ducats as those are the kids birth years and we tend to favor those two dates for some reason or another. Guess this 2005 is mine, all MINE!!!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
1079 Posts |
Carl buy the Kia here in Australia people are almost giving them away here.
You will save enough to buy some of my stuff. LOL.
I shouldn't make fun as I love it over there. Not to mention I was born just near the boarder of Holland in Germany.
|
|
New Member
Australia
45 Posts |
Not sure exactly what you are looking for here, your questions appear to have been answered in both forums.
The broken N is thought by Jon Saxton, John Holland and John Sharples to have been either a filled die or mis-punching.
The mintage of this will probably never be known, unfortunately they did not keep records of variety dies that can currently be pinpointed.
It is generally agreed that the broken N is a scarce variety of a scarce coin.
Jon Saxtons site also mentions that the mintage of the 1925 penny is only about 117,000 odd, the rest are "most likely" to be Sydney 1924 pennies struck in 1926 "in order to use up the dies" pra also has additional info.
Premuim over other coins? Thats for the market, me personally, nothing, to the variety and error collectors, this is probably a must have. But as already pointed out there are other varieties and errors for this and indeed most years around this period. Which is scarcer than than what, thats a whole new subject/topic/debate.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
1079 Posts |
Hi Cruzi  That was the problem, no one gave me the info like you did. So thankyou very much. Maybe I just needed it in plain english. (minus everything else)
|
|
Valued Member
Netherlands
309 Posts |
KLD,
when you'r born in Germany, where?, I was born here in the Netherlands, but spended most of my hollidays in Germany, almost razed in Saarbrücken, and I go each month to Goch, just across the border to do shopping, so ....
One of my main targets in collecting is the German crisis money (coins and bills) from 1914 till 1924, and the German Reich part, I have 6 books full of german coins, 4 books with notes in all cind of states, from diverse city's, Landeskreise, and also from the Ger. Goverment, I am at the moment still relisting my germany, I have to ad a few hundred extra coins on them, still have to sort out the 1, 2 and 5 Pfennige, and recheck all the crisis coins that I have double.
So if you share the same interest there, maybee we could have a nice thing to talk abouth :-)
Greetings, Carl
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
1079 Posts |
I was born in Stolberg (Aachen) just near the boarder of Holland and Belguim.
Saarbrrucken........Hmmm I came so close to visting it but needed to get to Trier instead.
Happy to talk about anything German....then again I have a few coins and banknotes from Holland aswell.
As I am a big history buff, I like alot of coins from all over Europe due to its depth of history.
Edited by KLD 01/21/2006 06:33 am
|
|
Valued Member
Netherlands
309 Posts |
quote: Originally posted by KLD
I was born in Stolberg (Aachen) just near the boarder of Holland and Belguim.
Happy to talk about anything German....then again I have a few coins and banknotes from Holland aswell.
Stolberg is abouth 1 1/2 hour drive from here  When you need some history back ground on coins, I always can try to be a help, if you want to speak me quickly for some reason, use MSN, on the forum I am not every day, I have a family who want's to see me from time to time  Greetings, Carl
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
1079 Posts |
Carl thankyou for the offer, I will take you up on it some day soon.
I know how demanding a family is.
I am just glad I can blame some of my internet time on work, or I think my family would dis-own me.
|
| |
Replies: 23 / Views: 6,162 |
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

- Post Your Coins With Coats Of Arms, Shields, Crests, Crowns, Etc.
- Definitive Test For Black Beauty Nickels
- My Last Purchase: A Bronze Greek Coin Representing The Poetess Sappho
- How Many Countries Do You Have Coins From?
- How Far Back Can We Go? Ninth Edition!
- 1966 Nickel Die Adjustment Strike?
- Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money
- 1885-Zs Mexico - 25 Centavos W/Arcing Die Crack, Tilted & Re-Punched Reverse Die
- 1934 Peace Dollar NGC MS-67+ At Auction
- Will Our Coins Ever Be Valuable?
- G L B 49's MS-70 Perfect Silver Coins
- ID Help - Roman Provincial Coin
- 1894 Fifty Cents - Grade This Coin. It May Or May Not Be TPG.
- 1847 Undecimo Edge Great Britain Gothic Crown, Gothic Type, NGC PF61
- Error Opinions, 1971-D DDO, 1955-D/S, 1996-P Quarter
- Post Your Coins Representing The Animal Kingdom.
- Post Your Bird Coins
- Post Your Coin Or Medal With Flora
- Continuing List To Show Everyones Latest Acquisitions
- Post Your Coins Of Steel (And Iron)!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
|
| Coin Community Forum |
© 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums |
| It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. |
 |
|
| |
| |