I have several of these in a sealed, shrinkwrap type plastic. I'm having a tough time finding out anything about this coin, or its value. Can anyone help?
The Canadian Silver Maple Leaf dates back to 1988, when it was first released by the Royal Canadian Mint. Each coin has a face value of C$5 and is comprised of 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
The 1988 seems is selling on ebay in the $10 range. Some websites are asking $15-17.
Keep in mind that I'm new at this,but I am Canadian and I've read a lot about these coins.Basically...just bullion,nothing else. The design stays the same from year to year ( unlike other known bullion issues from Australia or China). What sets them apart is that they are .9999 silver,while all others are only .999 ( if that makes a difference) The Royal Canadian Mint puts them out with different privy marks to try to get collectors to pay more money for them ( the finish on those is sometimes proof). If yours is just a regular issue,the price for it would be a little higher than the silver spot price.
I agree with what Abyss writes. I would only add I feel they are beautiful coins, and my completed set is one of the highlights of my overall collection.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use