What was happenings to this 1974 Canada one cent? I didn't see any after mint impact cause the ballerina shape and the edge just like normal compare to the other penny?
It was altered outside of the Mint. There is no way to tell what the reason was. Perhaps it was going to be made into a piece of coin jewelry. There really is no way to tell why it was done but it is damage of some kind.
Or could have been subject to the waste valve or the rotating drum in an industrial washex washing machine like this little collection that I collected from my work!I recovered these over the coarse of a year.I have the centers of two loonies...it seems these like to pop out under pressure!Never found the outers though...figure these are worth a buck a pop..lol.
Wow just noticed on the really bent coin that I thought was a nickle...it's actually a 1983 quarter!here is a pic in comparison next to a regular quarter...the bent one looks a bit smaller in diameter too which is why I thought it was a nickle...I think these are cool art forms just the way they are.I normally put the not so bent ones back into circulation after a tweak or so but these are far beyond saving.
Thanks for all the inputs. If we try to use a vise or something holding the coin and try to bent it to few different angles without cause any mark and damage to the edges? May be just like what Bill said " No way to tell Why" Thank you.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use