I need to make a offer on these 3 coins but I have no idea how much worth it so I could make honest offer on each coin ! I searched online but didnt find much about any of them so any help is aprecciated , thanks in advance ! France 1650 luis XIV -1/2 ecu 1783 georgius III (that I think is italian) coin from the wreck of the spanish ship el cazador
The second coin is Irish. You can just qabout see "Hibernia" on the side of the harp. As for value, I am afraid I don't know. My Krause does not list any half pennies minted in 1783. The value given for 1781 and 1782 suggests it is not especially valuable in this modest grade ($3,5 for F grade), but I have noe idea whether this is a key date or not. Or even genuine.
For the last one, its value comes from the certificate that goes with it - I don't manage to see any detail on the coin, and it's holed. Not sure how much that one can be sold for, and not sure a coin collector would buy it :)
The Cazador coin, if authentic, is probably only worth a small premium over melt. That particular shipwreck gave up a lot of higher grade coins that can be had for a reasonable price. I bought a 1/2 reale in a PCGS holder marked "prime select" for well under $100 a few years back. If not for some sea junk stuck on it, the coin would probably grade AU.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use