Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,081 / Views: 2,340,516Next Topic
Page: of 1873
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a 1971 d.
Pillar of the Community
bishftl's Avatar
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  01:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bishftl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got some NIFC from my dad along with this one.
the photos are very bad and do not show how good it looks in hand.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  03:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bish, any insights on my sword through FG coin on the previous page?
Pillar of the Community
bishftl's Avatar
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  05:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bishftl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
send some images to
jameswiles at sbcglobal dot net
he does attributes for NGC.
Pillar of the Community
Freedom's Avatar
United States
526 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Freedom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found in $500.00 of CWR's. 113 40% coins.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
basicbob101's Avatar
United States
819 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basicbob101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! Great find Freedom!

I recently quit roll searching but got reinspired when visting mhy local bank and seeing a line of silver in the tellers coin tray. I asked for all the halves she had and got 2 1964's out of $7. went to another bank and asked for halves, got one 67 out of $4.50.

So I ordered a box from another bank of mine, no silver, no NIFC's but did find a very nice 87, only the second I ever found raw.
Pillar of the Community
basicbob101's Avatar
United States
819 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basicbob101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bernie Z,

What is a rotated die error worth in a JFK half? I know it depends alot on condition, but what about the one you posted?

I like that sword through the FG; it appears to me that the FG overlays the "sword" so I am thinking a damaged die, like a scar across the FG that is not deep enough to equate the depth of the FG so that it appears under the FG when struck. (Am I making any sense here?)
Valued Member
tpmjr2004's Avatar
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tpmjr2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I managed to finish going through the $270 CWR I got yesterday, but only had time to check for silver. I separated them into different piles to check for errors. The grand total was 72 40% halves and a clipped planchet.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

The clipped planchet is the coin set off by itself in the pic. I'll try to get a better pic of it tonight.

I was very excited to see that much silver in only my second attempt at this. Even the wife got into it and helped me crack open a few rolls.
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Basicbob: I don't know prices yet of errors. Bish might. And you are definitely making sense!

@Bish: thx I will definitely ask him.
Pillar of the Community
Owassokie's Avatar
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Owassokie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kenscott, I was being sarcastic. 1 40%er is basically equal in value to a gallon of gas so the 1 gallon didn't cover my 150 mile road trip.

I should know better than trying to inject sarcasm via keyboard. Often times I'll go back and read posts I've forgotten and realize I can't even understand my own sarcasm. It's hard to convey.

3 boxes today. Wish me luck!

OO
Valued Member
Kurrykid's Avatar
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrykid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BernieZ Please let us know if your hear anything back and what the value may be.

Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
kenscott's Avatar
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenscott to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going through my second box looking for errors. Hopefully will find a doubled die.

Just wondering, how often do you find doubled dies in your searches (assuming you look for errors)?
Edited by kenscott
03/19/2013 7:25 pm
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gold panner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My skunk streak finally ended barely but I will take it. One box tonight
1 64
1 69
and the teller had three rolls cwr
3 68
1 67
Pillar of the Community
kenscott's Avatar
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2013  03:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenscott to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BasicBob,

As for the rotated die, there are two similar ones on E-Bay with asking prices of $550 and $299. Both are graded with the $550 being NGC and the $299 being PCGS. Worthpoint only shows one similar 1988 being sold and it only went for $175 last year.

As for rotated dies in general, most I have seen sales for go for between $150 and $200.
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2013  03:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yvairguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dang you guys are hitting some awesome finds, just when decided to cut back, maybe I need to rethink my position.
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,081 / Views: 2,340,516Next Topic
Page: of 1873

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to rattle this change. Forums