Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

The Goal: 25,000 Rolls Of Nickels (All Searchers Welcome!)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,079,545Next Topic
Page: of 890
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2011  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!

Check out my latest buffalo! 1936-S!
This is my fourth buffalo found in rolls.

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!
Moderator
Learn More...
nickelsearcher's Avatar
United States
15921 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2011  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful coin and excellent roll-find Buffalo!

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Pillar of the Community
SilverRoosevelt's Avatar
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2011  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finding a Buffalo in circulation is nice, finding a mintmarked Buffalo is even better (I've only managed to do that once in the 10 or so Buffalo nickels I pulled from circulation this past year).
Pillar of the Community
penny man's Avatar
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2011  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add penny man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$400 and 1 stinking green War Nickel!
Pillar of the Community
penny man's Avatar
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add penny man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$500 searched today and I still need:
1938 D
1928 S
1939 D
1939 S
1942 D
1943 D
1945 D
1946 S
1949 S
1950 D
1951 S
1955
1958
2009 P
2011 P
and all proofs except 1989 S
still have a total of 1 stinking green War Nickel from $500
I WANT MY War Nickels!!
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also found 4 1939's and 1942-P War Nickel along with the buffalo.
I also found a nickel with heads on both sides! (no tails) check out my post HEADS I WIN to see it.

Have courage, penny man, the War Nickels will come soon enough!
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lizzyjo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and we're bank online.
I finished a box today and got:
one War Nickel
a super-shiny 1956-D
a JESUS counterstamp

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it took 3100 rolls to do it, but I finally found my first V nickel. I really get a kick over finding an old coin like this and I have another hole filled in my circulation type set. Yay!

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!

Minor update: Searching since Nov '09, 3100 rolls in, 4 holes left: 38D, 39D, 44S and 50D.
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  02:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RollHunter, would it kill you to know that out of my first 7 boxes I found 2 of the 44S? :)
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, congrats on the V nickel. Surprised how good it looks too. easy to find buffalos that look worse than that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
RollHunter, would it kill you to know that out of my first 7 boxes I found 2 of the 44S? :)


Nah, that's just how it works. When Dylan's Dad was looking for the 1955, I pulled three out of the same box. Nickelsearcher has gone through 2 or 3 times as many nickels as I have and I have 2 each of the 2 he's looking for. We're all here to taunt each other with our good luck :)
Moderator
Learn More...
nickelsearcher's Avatar
United States
15921 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well it took 3100 rolls to do it, but I finally found my first V nickel


Excellent score on that 1912-V. I grade as G6 and way nicer looking than any of my three V finds. BTW ... I've been through 6100 rolls to bag those 3 V nickels .... so we are tracking about the same on average.


Quote:
When Dylan's Dad was looking for the 1955, I pulled three out of the same box


I remember that as well .... I had at the time something like 9 or 10 total 1955 Philly ... and Dylan's Dad was pulling 1943-D all day long .... 1 of the 2 I still need.

Just the luck of the draw.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Valued Member
tamshowoff's Avatar
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamshowoff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pulled this 43-S from a roll last night and thought it was a proof it was so shiney. Do you think it was cleaned. Just kidding.

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a '43-S like that too, really shiny and clean. That was a while back

Two more boxes down:
3 War Nickels
no buffs
1950
slow day

Congrats on the V-Nick!
Pillar of the Community
lincolncentguy's Avatar
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice buffalo rachums!
  Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,079,545Next Topic
Page: of 890

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Forums