Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1991 1 Cent Rotated Die Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 4,624Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2017  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list
john100, wouldn't that be more like a 140 degree rotation?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
872 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2017  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robmck1967 to your friends list
I agree. Probably around 140-150 degree. Nice!
New Member
Canada
47 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2017  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justlooking to your friends list
Thank you for the comments at least I have a closer idea of the rotation too bad its a nasty example. If it was nicer it would maybe have been worth something.
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2017  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list
Even though it is a circulated coin, it will carry a premium as you don't often see that kind of rotation on a modern day coin.
Valued Member
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2017  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadiancoinaholic to your friends list
I found a 91 with the same 140-150 rotation a year or two ago searching rolls. I see your in the Abbotsford area ,Justlooking, I'm in gibsons I wonder if it's a southern BC thing. Anyone else find one of these?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1018 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denny7000 to your friends list
I found this one in 2016, I think it is about a 170 degree rotation.

1991-1-Cent-Rotated-Die-Question

1991-1-Cent-Rotated-Die-Question
Valued Member
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadiancoinaholic to your friends list
Nice one Denny 7000, I see you are in Vancouver ,we seem to be getting a tend as to the area they are being found. The lower mainland area
New Member
Canada
47 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justlooking to your friends list
That is very close to mine Denny, I wonder who would want these and what premium they would fetch depending on grade
New Member
Canada
47 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justlooking to your friends list
Hmmm its a B.C. thing
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5342 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list
There is a really nice 180 upset die penny in the upcoming Torex auction would give you a good idea of market value in a few days
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1984 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list
With the Torex pennies, I would be careful to check them to ensure they are 180 degrees. CCCS will call something upset dies that is not exactly 180 degrees. That being said, they may still a good barometer for these.
Valued Member
Canada
224 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mike9999999 to your friends list
Lower BC thing? I'm in Abbotsford! I better see if any banks have any pennies left!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1018 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denny7000 to your friends list
I picked up 77 rolls from two TD banks this weekend, nothing to special but there was a 2012 with a small strike through. 40 % was in pretty cruddy shape. I can still pick up about a box per week so they are still out there!
New Member
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2017  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flickaflea23 to your friends list
I have a 1974 canadian cent that the reverse is upside down, and the d lines up with the 1 in 1 cent. Are both the obverse and reverse suppose to both face up in the same direction?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9904 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2017  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list
Yes.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 4,624Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Forums