Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Replies: 3,590 / Views: 189,932Next Topic
Page: of 240
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79223 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2026  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list
Great addition, MrPink2018!
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107264 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2026  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list

Quote:
that may be the neon lights of a downtown dispensary reflecting on the windshield, conveniently located across the street from the bar.

yep, that is what I was thinking - maybe that driver was in a hurry to get a fix.

Great 1994 ASE you got too.!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2720 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2026  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list
yes yes, another ounce of silver in the bag, courtesy of The Fiscally Irresponsible. I am grateful.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
195898 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2026  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
first, tomorrow I go in for the drug test (for that job I mentioned in previous posts), which I should ace. my background check cleared. I am nearly hired.
Excellent!

Quote:
next, cycle 22 is complete: 1994-P ASE proof!
Outstanding!

Quote:
i still need just $25 to hit that $5K mark, but at this point it's a minor technicality as far as I'm concerned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2720 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2026  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list
an update:

i passed the drug test, so I've been hired. joy. I still have some formalities to get through, paperwork etc., but it looks like i'll be starting this thursday if all goes well. finally, after 5+ long years of struggling along on minimal work & pay, i'll have a steady income. 40 hours a week + lots of benefits. I will eventually be able to get back into adding to my unfinished collections.



Bedrock of the Community
United States
79223 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2026  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list
Congratulations, MrPink2018!
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
195898 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2026  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
i passed the drug test, so I've been hired. joy.
Congratulations!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107264 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2720 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   03:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list
tonight I picked $1.10, that's the 7th night of the month for $1+, and that's a dollar-ten closer to $5K. I picked one trashed quarter, 5 trashed zincolns and 8 dimes, most of which were not trashed. whatever, into the tubes they went. the nickel tube is nearly full, the quarters, dimes and one zincoln tube are all at about half capacity. unless I find some higher denomination FRNs soon, the run up to $5K is going to stretch into october.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2720 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   04:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list

Quote:
Congratulations, MrPink2018



Quote:
Congratulations!



Quote:
nice to hear MrPink! Have fun with the new job


thank you thank you thank you. I will try.

at this point I am really tired of usernames & passwords-- way way too much of that over the past several weeks as I've been job hunting & using various platforms for that hunt... I'm glad it's finally over... but the Davidson Hospitality Group's site has a portal (that I have to figure out how to get into) which contains training sessions and other opportunities that I can explore, in due time. right now I just want to go in and do the job I was hired for, do it well, prove myself (yet again... never-ending) and make my mark on the job. i'll have plenty of time for exploration of other opportunities later. I need to get that cash flow going first and see that this is going to work out.

in the meantime I have to figure out how I'm going to work my schedule & still have room in my nights for the kitties & money-hunting... but, like I said, milestone first. I want it, I've earned it, when I achieve it then i'll assess everything. this is a big change and I need to make it happen with as little tumult & resistance as possible.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
79223 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list

Quote:
tonight I picked $1.10, that's the 7th night of the month for $1+, and that's a dollar-ten closer to $5K.


Awesome!
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
195898 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
tonight I picked $1.10, that's the 7th night of the month for $1+, and that's a dollar-ten closer to $5K...
Excellent!

Quote:
...unless I find some higher denomination FRNs soon, the run up to $5K is going to stretch into october.


Quote:
in the meantime I have to figure out how I'm going to work my schedule & still have room in my nights for the kitties & money-hunting... but, like I said, milestone first. I want it, I've earned it, when I achieve it then i'll assess everything. this is a big change and I need to make it happen with as little tumult & resistance as possible.
I am sure you will adapt and thrive!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2720 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list
that's the plan.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted Today  30M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SquareCircle to your friends list
I was on my way to the store but had to make a quick stop. It turned out that the place I stopped at was not only closed but deserted. Before I left I noticed a lot of pennies on the ground in the bushes. I didn't count them but there was probably close to 30. Unfortunately they were all zincolns and badly corroded; one was so eaten up that I just threw it back. I gave the rest a quick cleanup with the idea that I might be able to use them at the store's self-checkout. I was quickly disavowed of this idea, however, once I actually started trying it. Ultimately I ended up just discarding most if not all of the pennies. (I was also using other change that I had and I'm not sure whether or not the worse-looking cents that I was able to spend were among the newly found ones.)

I hate to see money wasted, even if it's just a bunch of zincolns...
Edited by SquareCircle
Today 25M ago
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
195898 Posts
Replies: 3,590 / Views: 189,932Next Topic
Page: of 240
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Forums