Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

US Mint Releases Special Enduring Liberty Half Dollars With "09-11-01" Privy Mark Into Circulation

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Replies: 16 / Views: 944Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1856 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2026  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add snailking1 to your friends list
I'm still waiting for the 2026 quarters to reach my area!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79506 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2026  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list
Awesome! Very cool.
Errers and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5904 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2026  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add macmercury to your friends list
Chance of finding these in circulation is nil or like hitting the lotto.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
24232 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2026  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list

Quote:
typo?


Nope, wrong image. Fixed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7352 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2026  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list
I think I heard where that Silver Searcher Stacker Guy found over 2 dozen of them last year
Pillar of the Community
United States
945 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2026  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list

Quote:
Nope, wrong image. Fixed.


Thanks - had me confused.


Quote:
Chance of finding these in circulation is nil or like hitting the lotto.


I agree - finding a half dollar in circulation of any sort is non-existent in my area - no one uses them.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107906 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2026  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list

Quote:
I agree - finding a half dollar in circulation of any sort is non-existent in my area - no one uses them.

Yep - pretty much
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2149 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2026  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
More bait and switch marketing from the Mint. . .
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107906 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7352 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2026  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list

Quote:
More bait and switch marketing from the Mint. . .

I don't know if I would call it that, I'd like to think they're trying to generate interest from outside the collector group and for the general public (at least with the 7/14 privy marked quarters) and continue celebrating USA's 250 years. Just like the Great Coin Hunt of 2019, unfortunately with Mint sold items Flippers get involved and make it s-ck for the long time and beginning collector.

Quote:
finding a half dollar in circulation of any sort is non-existent in my area - no one uses them.
I use them and probably spend 12 to 15 dollars a week. There's a running topic on spending them. I find spending them easy and covenant and just wish more of you out there would do the same...So next time you're at the bank pick-up a couple of rolls and start using them and good luck in finding a 2026W

Oh and I don't want to hear it that "you don't spend cash and haven't for years".......la dee da

Sorry little rant there guys and gals
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196342 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2026  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
finding a half dollar in circulation of any sort is non-existent in my area - no one uses them.
Like I said, something for the CRH people. I am not expecting to find one at Trader Joe's.
New Member
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2026  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add typeviic to your friends list
I guarantee you that if I order 3 half dollar boxes from my bank, they will all be circulated Kennedy's.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196342 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2026  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
I guarantee you that if I order 3 half dollar boxes from my bank, they will all be circulated Kennedy's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7352 Posts
 Posted Today  37M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list
Showing up on ebay...going rate is 100 bucks and up.

Also from the photo above looks like a matte finish, however from photos on-line looks like normal circulated finish. Kind of a bummer. But I guess the matte finish would make it easier to snatch them up by employees during the rolling process
Edited by Greasy Fingers
Today 36M ago
Pillar of the Community
United States
650 Posts
 Posted Today  24M ago  Show Profile   Check Vector Ze's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Vector Ze to your friends list

Quote:
So next time you're at the bank pick-up a couple of rolls and start using them

Some people have no clue how lucky they are, to have such easy access.
Let me guess, your bank also keeps crisp, new $2 bills on hand, too?
Edited by Vector Ze
Today 17M ago
Page 2 of 2   Replies: 16 / Views: 944Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums